Work With Life Cycle Planners
We serve individuals, families and businesses through the important stages of their financial lives. Our clients seek professionals with experience and expertise to assist them with proven strategies to protect, maintain and ultimately transfer their wealth.
We are advocates for our clients, assisting them with:
- Succession planning.
- Retirement planning.
- Guaranteed income solutions.
- Wealth transfer and inheritance planning.
- Life insurance for income, asset and tax protection.
- Product selection.
We are focused on insurance, succession planning and retirement solutions. We work with our clients’ other trusted advisors, including accountants, estate planning attorneys and asset managers.
Our practice style is consultative and educational. We help our clients find the very best insurance and retirement solutions. As a columnist and contributor, Ted Bernstein adds to the betterment of the insurance industry by raising awareness about issues such as, conflict of issue, transparency and disclosure. Ted was recently interviewed and quoted in the Wall Street Journal, The Chicago Tribune and by the Cato Institute concerning taxation issues facing the insurance industry.
We have been fortunate to develop innovative products that have changed the industry. We offer guaranteed income solutions that are 100% liquid from day one with everything guaranteed, including the lifetime income you receive. This alone has created another industry-wide transformation, helping to bring annuities out of the dark ages and into the mainstream. Fixed indexed annuities are now the Private Pensions of our era.
Innovation can be hard to recognize in the world of financial services. Yet, there are many good examples including mutual funds, ETF’s and indexing strategies. Many of the innovations I have introduced to the market have several things in common:
- Better value creation;
- Elimination of surrender penalties;
- Transparency; and
- Lower premiums for life insurance and annuities.
Personalization = Customization:
The future is bright for consumers who choose to work with experienced professionals. Flexibility, disclosure and transparency are the keys to acting in the best interest of each client. Newer and better solutions are constantly emerging as a result of innovation throughout the industry. The future will continue to offer more options to customize life insurance and retirement plans, providing consumers what is needed to meet their goals and objectives. To succeed, we will need to stay focused on the following:
1. The issue of trying to define “best interests” and how misinformation about fees and commissions is viewed.
2. The continued negative perception of annuities by those who need them most. There is widespread misunderstanding and it is costly. Some of today’s annuities, especially many indexed annuities, are high performance tools that must be considered in every retirement plan. It is time for the insurance companies to take a proactive position to control the dialogue about the virtues of their core products. Insurance companies should be advertising directly to their end users.
3. Guaranteed, income for life. Professors and economists from Harvard and Yale are on the same side about the need for lifetime income in retirement. It is the linchpin of well balanced retirement plans. Offering superior product solutions that can be liquid from day one, guaranteed to never lose principal, guarantee income for life and ensure that all gains are added to the guaranteed principal.
“Among the most important financial decisions you make concerns which professionals will work with you and your family”, says Ted Bernstein of Life Cycle Financial Planners.