We serve individuals, families and businesses at every stage of their financial lives. Our clients want professional guidance to help deliver the best plans and solutions for the future.
“Among the most important financial decisions you will make in life is about choosing the right professionals”, says Ted Bernstein of Life Cycle Financial Planners in Boca Raton.
An experienced professional is an advocate, assisting you with:
- Succession planning.
- Wealth transfer and inheritance plans.
- Insurance for income and asset protection.
- Long term care planning.
- Retirement planning; and
- Strategic business planing.
We believe that specialization of financial services offers our clients the best thinking from each discipline. We excel by staying focused on insurance and retirement solutions. We work together with a client’s team, often including accountants, estate planning attorneys, asset managers and financial planners.
Our practice style is consultative and educational. We help our clients create better insurance and retirement solutions – and then implement them in ways that are easily understood. As a columnist and contributor for our industry publications, I contribute to the betterment of our industry by raising awareness about important issues facing consumers and insurance companies. I was recently interviewed and quoted by the Cato Institute about taxation issues facing the insurance industry.
Throughout my career, I have been fortunate to develop several innovative products that changed our industry. Life insurance without commissions is one example of how these innovations have transformed the life insurance industry. The Installment Payout Option is another. This option lowers annual premiums and creates better policy value. For many families, having the option to protect beneficiaries with guaranteed payments over time is better than lump-sum payments, which often creates serious planning problems. Lump-sum payments often fail a family when the proceeds do not last as long as intended.
We offer guaranteed income solutions that are 100% liquid from day one with everything guaranteed, including the lifetime income you receive. This alone has created another industry-wide transformation, helping to bring annuities out of the dark ages and into the mainstream. Fixed indexed annuities are now the Private Pensions of our era.
Innovation can be hard to recognize in the world of financial services. Yet, there are many good examples including mutual funds, ETF’s and indexing strategies. Many of the innovations I have introduced to the market have several things in common:
- Better value creation;
- Elimination of surrender penalties;
- Transparency; and
- Lower premiums for life insurance and annuities.
The Future Is Bright
Customization: The future is bright for consumers who choose to work with experienced professionals. I believe that flexibility, disclosure and transparency are the key ingredients to acting in the best interest of each client. Newer and better solutions emerge as a result of innovation. The future is filled with more options to customize life insurance plans and retirement plans, providing exactly what is needed to meet our goals and objectives. Whether it be in an auto lease, a real estate transaction or financial services, flexibility and options are always optimal.
What is important today?
1. I am concerned about the conflict of interest issue and how the misinformation about fees and commissions is viewed. I am also concerned about the perception of annuities by those who need them most. There is widespread misunderstanding and it is costly. Some of today’s annuities, especially indexed annuities, are high performance tools that do it all. Think of Tesla for a fair comparison of just how different a battery powered car is from the cars of 25 years ago. Indexed annuities are good for all stakeholders.
2. Guaranteed, income for life will be the linchpin of well balanced retirement plans. They are liquid from day one, guaranteed to never lose principal, guarantee income for life and all gains protected and added to the guaranteed principal. Professors and economists from Harvard and Yale are on the same side about the need for lifetime income in retirement.